Monday 10 May 2010

Preparing For Your Billiards Match

In order to prepare for your billiards match you must keep a few things in mind, wardrobe, hair and makeup, and the big one - mental attitude.

You know you have your pool cue, and any billiards accessories you might need. What about how you look? They say if you look great, you feel great so put some time and effort into dressing comfortably and still looking you're best.

There are a few things I do or don't do. I don't wear hoop earrings cause they get in the way. I will wear my hair down but stick a ponytail holder in my pocket in case I want to pull it back. Hair and makeup, important! I can't concentrate if I know people can see my cleavage so I don't wear low cut tops. Shoes have to be comfortable enough to be on your feet all day but don't forget to sit down between matches and whenever you can.

As a woman, I do not dress so as to break the concentrate of my male opponents. I have to think of my own concentration and I'm not there to pick up guys I'm there to beat as many as I can! Oh, I also make sure I wear perfume because it relaxes me to smell something nice. Having some cool billiards accessories helps my confidence also.


And then I put on a good attitude, I give myself kudos and don't talk bad about myself and the way I feel about my game. If I'm really tired or stressed, not much good is going to happen on the pool table so I try to make sure I eat right and get plenty of sleep and maybe do a little mindfulness meditation.

Then I put my cell phone on vibrate and leave it in my purse. I won't even listen to my messages until I'm done or out. When I step up to the pool table the concentration is not going to happen if I'm thinking about a phone conversation or what I'm going to do later.

Now I'm ready for my billiards match! I look good, and feel good and got the cobwebs out of my brain, let's go shoot some pool!

Source: Happy shooting, Patti Aragon (aka 8ball Outlaw)

For all my billiards needs I go to http://www.a1poolbilliards.com

No comments:

Post a Comment